Mobile Marketing for Small Business
Interested in learning some of the best practices on mobile marketing for small business? You came to the right place…
We keep educating more and more small business owners on the benefits of mobile marketing and we always seem to blow them away with all the possibilities! We really recommend you just start out small and test the waters before completely jumping in so you can get a grip on all this mobile marketing madness. Don’t overwhelm yourself and remember we are here to help, chat with us!
Some of the basics to start with mobile marketing for small business:
- You NEED a mobile website! Don’t be okay with just using the site you have now for mobile users, they will leave your site for a competitors and be left with a bad experience. Click to Call, Directions, Mobile Contact Form, Hours, Menu/Product page are the most common “staples” seen on a mobile site, but there are hundreds of other ways to use them. See our demo page for awesome mobile website examples.
- Mobile Advertising is your friend. Right now mobile advertising is more cost effective than desktop advertising and Costs Per Click are lower on mobile because it is less saturated and their is less competition. But your landing page or site must be mobile friendly or you won’t gain any benefit from it.
- QR codes must be used right to be effective. When using QR codes in your mobile marketing for small business material you must state how to get a QR scanner, what scanning that code will do for the bypasser(where it will send them), and some sort of incentive to scan. Example, “Scan the QR code to download our free white paper on mobile marketing for small business. If you don’t have a QR scanner learn more and download one at scan.mobi from your smartphone.”
- Text message marketing is great for keeping customers or increasing their monthly return rate. Small Businesses have seen a great ROI on text message marketing. Also texts have a 95% open rate while e-mail can be less than 30%! You will want to advertise your text marketing list to all your current customers and there are many effective ways to doing this, on the receipts you print, through QR codes and mobile landing pages, on displays in the store, at the checkout, etc… There are many unique ways to advertise joining your text message list so try out a few and see what works best for your business. When using mobile marketing for small business remember offer a reason or incentive to join! Only send out 1 text message a week and never send out a text without a good reason!
Why Mobile Marketing for Small Business?
- Over 100 Million Americans now have smartphones
- Mobile Advertising can be a lot more effective and click through rates are higher, while Cost Per Click is lower (better ROI)
- Text messages keep customers coming back more often and improve your business on slow days
- 80% of customers abandon a mobile site if they have a bad user experience
- By 2013 more people will use mobile phones than PC’s to get online
- Mobile searches have grown by 400% by 2010
- 57% of people wouldn’t recommend a business with a bad mobile site
- 40% have turned to a competitors site after a bad mobile experience
- 50% of mobile searches lead to a purchase
- 61% of mobile users call a business after searching and 59% visit the location
Mobile Marketing for Small Business isn’t as hard as you think!
Just by reading this blog post you are a few steps closer to creating a better business through mobile marketing. Follow some of our tips through out the site and give us a call to learn more. The numbers don’t lie, look into mobile marketing for your business today. Like we said don’t jump in head first, test the waters and learn how mobile marketing for your small business can improve your ROI and increase profits! Partner with a company that knows mobile and has worked with many small businesses to make it happen. Contact us today if you would like to learn more or want us to help you build a mobile marketing campaign or mobile website for you. Mobile marketing for small business it works!!!