First, Why a Mobile Site?
“First, the good news: If you have a website, then you have a site that can be accessed by any mobile device with a browser. Now, the bad: Chances are, that site looks pretty crappy on said mobile device.
If you’re worried about this, you’re not alone. Just as companies realized, circa 1996, that they needed to create a website to remain relevant to consumers, history is repeating itself in mobile. By 2013, more people will use mobile phones than PCs to get online, according to Gartner. In mid-2011, we also reached the point at which consumers were spending more time on their mobile devices than on their PCs.” – From Mashable
A mobile site comes from the “feel” of your website but built specifically to function well on mobile devices. No one wants to look at a site on their phone where it is frustrating and practically impossible to accomplish anything. So a separate site to address mobile customers/browsers must be built to keep your business relevant in these times.
Web App vs Native App
What is a “Native App”?
Native Apps are apps that you are required to download from an app store. Native Apps only work on the phones that they were developed for and do not appear in browsers when searching for a business’s website. A Native App must be developed and submitted to an app store before anyone can download it. Native Apps are very expensive because a developer has to custom build them for each type of phone and business.
- Able to create dynamic motion graphics and more dynamic video games.
- Able to send out Push Notifications to users that download the app to their phones.
- Able to charge for the App and market through the App Store.
- They only work on the operating system they are built for ie. Iphone, droid, blackberry…
- Businesses would have to pay to create one for each type of operating system
- Very expensive because of demand and limited number of app developer
- Businesses would have to pay for every update
- Consumers will have to download updates
- The business will not be able to make changes easily and in real-time
- Will not come up in searches on a mobile browser
What is a “Web App”? (This is what Mobile Marketing Solutionz (M.M.S.) provides)
Web Apps are apps that are developed as mobile websites with the M.M.S. Builder then added as an app to a phones homepage by a user. Rather than having to download a Native App from an app store, the user simply goes to the mobile website, adds it to their homepage and it is now an App. When a user adds the Web App to their phone, it will place an icon on the homepage and function exactly like a Native App. Businesses are able to add a custom icon and splash loading screen for the Web App.
- All in one, iPhone app, Droid app, Blackberry app, Tablets, Windows app and Mobile Website on over 6000 devices.
- No developers. Businesses can create their web app and mobile website on their own through M.M.S.
- No app store. No app store to upload and download the app to. No more downloading app updates, or paying their fee.
- Inexpensive. A business gets all apps and mobile websites for a small monthly fee – No big upfront cost
- Real-time updates. When the business changes something in their admin, it changes all apps and mobile website
- Same Feeling. Consumers can’t tell the difference between a Web App and Native App.
- Not able to create dynamic motion graphics and more dynamic video games
- Can’t send push notifications (can still integrate text messages to work as your push notifications)
- Not featured on the App Store (can’t sell the app for money)
Try out a web app for yourself go to iaq.net from your smartphone to see what we are talking about!
Any other questions contact us or leave a comment, we love to chat!